Thursday, August 21, 2008

Body Cleanses

I've heard a lot of talk and seen many infomercials about body cleanses (colon, liver, etc.). There are so many products or plans to choose from that it gets confusing and overwhelming that is if you even want to attempt detoxing. I do, but not while I'm pregnant and soon to be nursing. I could do a simple cleanse that doesn't involve taking any supplements while pregnant or nursing and I'm sure it would be healthy for the baby. I must admit since I've been stopped from doing my usual work-out regime (because of my fall in my church parking lot in June) I've lost motivation to limit the bad stuff that I eat. I still eat good things, but I've been eating some not so good things in the last couple months too.

Two ladies that I think highly of wrote about cleansing today in their blogs - Mel at Monday through Sunday and Kay at Write Eating. Check out their posts to learn more about what they are doing to improve their health and lives.

If you have had success with a body cleanse and would like to share, please do.

No comments: