Wednesday, September 10, 2008

National Cholesterol Awareness Month

September is National Cholesterol Awareness Month. Cholesterol can be so confusing there is the overall cholesterol number, then the HDL, LDL and triglycerides. What do they all mean? Which numbers need to be lower? Which should be higher? Does exercise help? High cholesterol is a risk factor for both heart disease and stroke. To find answers to these questions and more check out the American Heart Association website. Take this short quiz to learn more about triglycerides. What can you do to improve your life and decrease your risk of stroke or heart disease?

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Robin,
I JUST discovered this new blog of yours. What a neat idea to pass along such needed information! I took the quiz in today's post...got 4 out of 5 correct. I went all the way back to your first post in August. There is much to browse here! Thanks for providing us with this blog!

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping in Carol. I was sort of selfish in creating the blog because I wanted to have quick access to the neat little gadgets after the baby is born, but didn't want to take away from the themes of my other blogs (maybe a little OC too - haha).

As I find good info or hear about things regarding health and safety I plan to post here as well. Of course whenever I need them again I can do a quick search.

Glad you enjoyed some of the info you found.