Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hand Washing

I found this article and this article about hand washing and wanted to share them. About 10 years ago I took part in a hand washing experiment for a company that manufactures antibacterial soaps and the product (that I'm not allowed to mention) failed. From what I understand its best to just wash your hands frequently with hot water and soap. I tell my kids to sing "Happy Birthday" during the lathering up time to ensure they've done a good job.

Recently, my husband told me that I ruined my son. I asked why and he said that when he went to the bathroom to wash his hands at a restaurant he refused to touch the door knob with his bare hands after washing and insisted on opening the door with a paper towel. That's my boy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its great to here of a mum who has taught her kids to wash their hands properly, and I don't like touching dirty bathroom door either!

Robin said...

Hi K - thanks for stopping by :) So glad to hear someone else wants to avoid bathroom doors too.